Everyone wants traffic to their website. It is not always easy to get more people to visit your site. There are ways to generate the desired traffic. It takes being creative and innovative sometimes; yet here are several ideas that will help.
1. Use Flickr. Social photo sharing drives people to your website. Add good tags to the photos so they attract the members on the site. Write a post in your blog and add the link to the Flickr site. The two sites will work in unison to draw traffic to your site.
2. Join a social bookmarking site. Share your favorite sites with other people sharing the same interests. Include your website. The social sites are like a specific search engine for many people. Add the bookmarks to your blog site to increase your internet traffic. Add interesting links to relevant products that the users are searching for. The more interesting links you have bookmarked the larger your following will become.
3. Start blogging. Join several sites where you comment on the blog posts. Add your URL with posting. Keep in mind you are commenting on your posts so remain focused on the topic since you do not want your posting to be deleted or considered as spam. You want to appear knowledgeable and someone others can trust.
4. Use forum signatures for promotion of your site with a live link. Use topics with great information and link them back to your sties. The more information you provide the readers the more they will rely on you for your new information. They will return repeatedly to read what you are posting.
5. Add widgets, themes, and extension to your site. There are many free additions that will enhance your site. Make your site interesting rather than the typical boring website. Make your site user friendly and exciting. Users want to see and experience new things, give it to them with your site.
6. Use your friends to know your business and have them help spread the word about your website. They can use their personal blogs, websites, and contacts to increase your website traffic.
7. Use industry specific sites to add links and networks with by contacting the websites. Many are willing to join the cause to help your build your website traffic.
8. Expand your exposure by adding podcasts to your site. Include audio and video that is interesting and intriguing.
9. Submit your feed to blog site directories. The feed will drive traffic from another site to your site.
10. Submit articles to article directories, using the resource box to drive traffic to your site and establish strong back-links to your site; for the Search Engines.
Now when you do your traffic building, it is not really about the traffic but offering what the readers want. When you reach out to them with information and products you service a valuable purpose.
If you are using links to build your website, you know it is very time consuming. There has to be another way to get the links without you spending time asking to use the links on your site. There is a way to do this process. There is a strategy that has ten steps you can use.
To use link building, you find target websites. You review to decide if you think it is worth adding the site to yours. You research the contact person then send them a request to use their link. You sit and wait for their response.
There are many things you can to do to build your link popularity without sending out direct requests and implementing an effective link building strategy.
So here are some tips for getting the links.
Join an online discussion group and forum. Begin to be an active participant. When you join the community you will be able to spot the people who are building a productive business. When you create a strong relationship with these people, they will ask to link to your site. They will want to be linked with another profitable business.
Make a notice on your website where you state you want more links. In the statement, ask for the links and add a spot for the person to write the linking code to their site that uses keywords phrases in the text. Use a statement similar to “If you find this site helpful, add your link so others can also benefit from this site.”
Publish a regular newsletter. Post the content of the newsletter on your site. Include a statement in the newsletter “If you have enjoyed the newsletter, please include a link to your site.” Include your URL in the statement.
Publish articles on other sites such as ezines, informational sites, article banks, and media sites. There are many article sites on the internet so simple Google “article submission sites” and use the sites to broadcast your message in the article.
Use well written content on the site and with all your publications. It is an old method but it is very effective. The better the content then you will attract people to your site where they will see your message about adding a link to your site.
Submit your site to legitimate award sites. When you share your site with these sites you will be amazed the great responses since you have great content on your site. They will want to link to your site.
Volunteer to become an editor for several directories. You then write reviews for the sites of your own sites where you will have opportunities of getting to know the market better. When you know the market better you build a better network of peers.